2021 Training – Mid March Update
March is already half way over and the warm weather is starting to slowly appear. We had a week of nice weather which melted the 8+ inch snowpack in the course of a few days. Running in the mud was a welcome change of pace after weeks of only running on snow. The Hyner Trail challenge is only a little more than a month away so I am trying to focus on staying healthy and injury free for that. I don’t think I have done enough to train for the elevation at this point but I am hoping the next few weeks leading up to the taper before the race will be enough to get me over the finish line.
First Half March 2021 Highlights:
Week 3 – 34.50 Miles/ 3,343 ft Elevation
Week 4 – 32.83 Miles/ 2,142 ft Elevation
Races so far…
I didn’t run any virtual races or otherwise in the first half of March.
Races on the Horizon…
Below is my current race schedule for the rest of 2021…..
- Hyner Trail Challenge (50k) – April 24 (Confirmed!)
- OSS/CIA 50 Miler (Night time race) – June 12
- Mt Tammany 10 (40 Miler) –
March 20 (Waitlist)Rescheduled to October 30, Registration hasn’t opened yet.
- Rim to River 100 Miler – November 6 (Waitlist)
I am still open to finding another race for the end of September/ early October. If you have any suggestions let me know! I also plan to fill in some of the gaps with shorter races along the way. The 100 miler remains an ambitious year end goal but we will see how things go as we get closer, November is a long ways off.
Alright that is it for this update. Check back in soon!
Leave a Reply